Saturday, February 9, 2013

musical instruments by the decade

While watching the Jimmy Fallon show last night I noticed the tuba player in the band (Roots). The guy was grooving pretty good for someone with a 40 pound instrument wrapped around him. I wonder which muscles get a work out when you carry a tuba... Abs? Hips? Shoulders? Some mysterious set of muscles you only know about after carrying a tuba? (Kind of like the muscles we all discover in January when we briefly exercise for our fleeting new year's resolutions).

I think the Tuba is the new sexy instrument....

This got me thinking of sexy musical instruments of past decades:

1930's: Clarinet ( Benny Goodman and Glenn Miller)

1940's: Trombone, Trumpet (Glenn Miller and Tommy Dorsey)



1950's: Voice ( Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley
1960's: Tambourine ( Jim Morrison)

1970's: Guitar (Peter Frampton)

1980's: Who are we kidding? This is the decade of Flock of Seagulls...so I guess the answer would be synthesizer. It's an asexual musical instrument like Flock of Seagulls

1990's: Saxophone ( Branford Marsalis)

2000's: not sure..bagpipes for all the fallen soldiers of war?

2010's: Tuba (Damon Bryson)

2 comments:

(M)ary said...

Sorry for the typos in the post... I wrote it on my cellphone and I don't have time to fix the typos right now!!

lime said...

i will have to ask mr lime about the muscles used....and he will be gratified to know you think his tuba's sexy. ;)