Thursday, February 11, 2016

rme

Bernie Sanders says he will impose a 52% tax on the super rich and Donald Trump says he will exclude all Muslim immigrants.
OK, I will build a bridge from New York City to Los Angeles. It will be made of saran wrap and there will be no speed limits.
Wait... I am being told this is not in fact "spew a stupid idea" day. So, I withdraw my saran wrap bridge idea. (I was going to name it the Bicoastal Slip & Slide & it was going to be fun but never mind). I will just sit in the corner and roll my eyes instead.

Speaking of rolling my eyes, I once got called out by a supervisor for rolling my eyes in a meeting. This same lady once texted & answered personal email in a meeting she was leading so I take her criticism of eye rolling with a grain of salt.
But, for argument sake let's say she is a perfect person & my eye roll was offensive to the serious spirit of our meetings. Even then, I still defend the eye roll. It is one of those involuntary moves that humans make from our deepest primal self. Perhaps an eye roll is snarky or passive aggressive but it is at least genuine. It is difficult to pre-meditate an eye roll. It just happens.
In my opinion a genuine reaction is worth more than a polite or politically correct reaction.
So 52% tax or bigotry against immigrants...yeah that gets ya an eye roll from me. My eyes are rolling like a slot machine in Vegas.

No comments: